Personal Data Protection Notice
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) was passed in June 2010 but only came into force on 15th November 2013 to regulate the processing of individual personal data in commercial transactions. We are currently undertaking an exercise to notify all our valued customer’s that we process personal information made available to us. This exercise is carried out in compliance with the PDPA.
This written notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on The Baker’s Hut behalf and your personal data was, or may be collected in the future, from the information you previously provided to us.
The personal data processed by us may include your name, national identity card number. (NRIC no.), passport number, contact number, address, email address, company name, income tax number, and all other details provided by you.
We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide for the purposes of providing you with our legal services and any matter in connection thereto.
Personal data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:-
1. any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law;
2. government agencies and statutory authorities;
3. service providers and any such third party requested or authorized by you; or
4. any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We endeavour, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
Personal Data Transferred to Overseas
Where we consider it necessary, your instructions or appropriate for the purpose of data storage or processing, we may transfer your Personal Data to a third party within or outside the country. However, we will only transfer any Personal Data to a place outside Malaysia if:-
1. we have gotten your consent to transfer; and
2. the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Delivereat.
Rights of Access and correction on your Personal Data
You may access and request for correction of your personal data held by us.
1. check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
2. request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date; or
3. request that your Personal Data is retained by us only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected;
However, we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your Personal Data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of your refusal and reason for our refusal.
Should you require any further clarification on Personal Data, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:-
You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide to us is accurate, complete and not misleading. You may also request to us in writing to cease processing your Personal Data.